EMDR is the leading model of therapy to address and resolve trauma and trauma related mental health conditions. Our research has shown that the majority of our students have had some form of traumatic event in their lives. At times, when the trauma is severe enough, a person might have symptoms of PTSD. Many other times, there are not symptoms of PTSD but an increase in anxiety and depression along with a decrease in self-esteem. Many times trauma will be stored in unhealthy ways in the brain and we begin to form negative thoughts and beliefs about ourselves and/or the situation.
EMDR helps to reprocess the traumatic or disturbing event and store the memory in a healthy way. It also helps to change the negative self-belief and erroneous thought patterns on the path to healing. Some areas that EMDR can help are, but not limited to:
- Dealing with a traumatic event
- Sexual assault or molestation
- Loss of loved one
- Issues from being bullied
- Self-worth issues
- Anxiety and depression
- Painful memories
To learn more about EMDR visit https://emdria.site-ym.com
Testimonials from our Clients
– Three months of EMDR at Maple Rise was more effective in my treatment than the previous two years of various other types of therapy.
– It is hard working through traumatic memories while doing EMDR, but it is such a relief to not feel so anxious all the time and to feel like I am past that stuff.
– EMDR has helped me resolve issues that I didn’t even realize were issues and I fell so much better about myself and life in general now.